We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
When an email came through my inbox with a subject line that read: "Nadia's Needle-Free Transformation," my ears perked up. It was three months after my first Botox experience and my once-taut, line-free face feltвЂ¦ droopy. If this would help keep those lovely Botox results longer (without having to stick more needles in my face), I was game.
I opened the email and read all about the facial treatment. Nadia Dekhkanova, the owner of Tribeca Beauty Spa in New York City and acclaimed aesthetician, dreamed up the invigorating treatment, specially developed to naturally exercise the muscles in your face, increase circulation, and leave your skin tighter and firmer.
Dekhkanova admits that fillers and Botox do temporarily make your skin look more youthful, but she says, "When it comes to exfoliated, hydrated, bright, and healthy-looking skin, nothing can replace facials and a good at-home regimen." She continues, "There is no shortcut. If you want glowing, youthful-looking skin, you have to take the time to care for your skin."
So she customizes the treatment for every client based on their personal needs-mine were among the most common: dehydration in my forehead, congestion around my nose and chin, and bags under my eyes. The 90-minute treatment (prices start at $350) includes a 30-minute face massage incorporating three different massage techniques (!!!), including European, pressure point, and lymphatic drainage, and four different exfoliation steps (your skin will be baby soft). Apparently, due to the delivery mechanism of the finishing serum, your skin is left glowing, breathing, and properly nourished, instead of red or peeling like many other antiaging treatments.
Next up are a peel, extractions, and two separate masks. Treatments can include microdermabrasion, supersonic, ultrasonic, microcurrent, or oxygen, depending on your needs. According to Dekhkanova, every step and procedure has a specific benefit. "The facial as a whole helps with antiaging, hydration, skin correction, and reduction of fine lines. The overall results leave skin plump and firm," she says.
Below find every single thing that happened while I was on her table.
1. She cleansed my skin thoroughly with a cleanser followed by an enzyme exfoliant with an ultrasonic facial machine to get a deeper clean.
2. Once thoroughly cleansed, Dekhkanova did a detailed skin analysis to demonstrate which steps are needed next. "Everyone has unique needs, so the analysis is extremely important," Nadia told me.
3. Dekhkanova applied an antiaging peel. After the peel, she cleaned out my pores with extractions.
4. Dekhkanova applied an organic scrub. "This particular scrub has a small amount of lactic acid, which is beneficial after extractions because it is a strong antimicrobial agent," Nadia explained.
5. She performed a customized massage to increase blood circulation and assist my body in removing waste like lymphatic drainage. It works to reduce inflammation and "bring vitality" back to the face.
6. The next step includes two masks, one to heal the skin with blue algae and another to form and plump with ceramides, peptides, and moisturizing agents like hyaluronic acid and essential oils.
7. For the final step, Nadia applies some finishing products, which act to moisturize and protect your skin with a "supersonic adjustor" machine for deeper penetration, followed by an application of oxygen to further detox my skin and protect it once I'm off the table and back outside.
Dekhkanova left me alone in the room when she was done so I could have a minute to relax and slowly come back to reality. I snuck a peek at my face in the dimly lit mirror. It looked snatched. My jawline was sharper, my cheekbones were more prominent, and my under-eye bags all but vanished. The texture of my skin, though, was the most exciting part. It was the softest it's ever been and completely even in tone. Do I think I'll never get Botox again? Not quite. Will I come back to Dekhkanova for this facial as much as she'll let me? Definite yes.